IF YOU HAVE AN IPHONE OR IPAD
You can connect Fiit to your TV either via AppleTV (find out how here) or with an HDMI-Lightning cable.
UK & Ireland members can purchase an HDMI-Lightning cable when you join via the website or in the app (go to MyFiit > Tap the icon in the top right > Shop).
How to connect with an HDMI-Lightening cable
- Plug the USB into a mains power socket
- Attach the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your TV (make sure you select Source and the relevant HDMI channel on your TV remote)
- You should see a Fiit splash screen — this means your cable is working
- Finally, connect the Lightning cable to your device and press 'Trust'
- You should now see your phone screen on your TV
We recommend that you plug the USB lead into a mains power socket. Newer TVs may provide enough power for the cable to work, in which case you can use your TV as the power source but older TVs will not provide sufficient power.
IF YOU HAVE AN ANDROID PHONE
If you have Chromecast on your TV, computer or laptop
If you have Chromecast but haven't set it up before, you can use this quick start guide (https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6006232?hl=en-GB)
Chromecast on your TV setup
- Connect your Android and Chromecast TV to the same Wi-Fi network. Here’s how to check the Wi-Fi network of your Chromecast device
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app
- Tap Connected devices > Cast and select your Chromecast device
- Your Android screen will now show on your Chromecast TV.
- When you've finished, tap Settings > Connected devices > Cast > select your Chromecast TV then tap Disconnect. Your Android screen will no longer be mirrored.
Chromecast on computer / laptop setup
- Make sure your computer and Wi-Fi network meet the minimum system requirements
- Open your Chrome browser (download or update it)
- Connect your computer and phone to the same Wi-Fi network. Learn how to check the Wi-Fi network of your phone
- On your computer, open Chrome
- At the top right, click More > Cast
- Select a class on your phone and it should appear on your computer screen
- When the class is over, click Cast > Stop
If you have a Smart TV but not Chromecast
- Download and install the ApowerMirror app on your TV by using this shortcut - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apowersoft.mirror.tv
- On your phone, you also have to download the ApowerMirror app either from Play Store or with this shortcut - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apowersoft.mirror
- Make sure your Smart TV and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Launch the ApowerMirror app on both your TV and phone
- On your phone, click the blue “M” button to search for your TV
- Tap the name of your TV to see your phone screen on your TV
If you do not have a Smart TV
You can use a lighting to HDMI cable to connect your phone to your TV. First, make sure your phone supports HDMI output as not all smartphones have this feature.
Here are some popular phones that have HDMI output:
- Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra (USB-C)
- Google Pixel 2 (USB-C)
- Huawei Mate 10 (USB-C)
- Huawei Mate 10+ (USB-C)
- HTC 10 (USB-C)
- HTC U11 (USB-C)
- HTC U Ultra (USB-C)
- leTV Le Max Pro (MHL)
- LG G5 (USB-C)
- LG V20 (USB-C)
- LG V30 (USB-C)
- LG V34 (USB-C)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 (USB-C)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (USB-C)
There are two types of HDMI output ports on Android devices. Most of the newer smartphones use the USB-C port as the HDMI output port. Other phones use an Micro USB MHL port – that is, a Mobile High-Definition Link port.
If you have a phone that has an MHL port, like the LeTV Le Max Pro, or the older HTC One or HTC One XL – it would usually come with a Micro USB to HDMI cable (MHL Cable). That’s what you would need to connect an MHL-enabled Android phone to your TV. Connect the Micro USB to HDMI cable (MHL Cable) to your phone, and then connect the other end to the HDMI input port on your TV, and you are good to go.
For smartphones with HDMI output through the USB-C port, the HDMI output cable is not usually provided by manufacturers and you would have to purchase either an official accessory cable or a third-party accessory. Once you have the cable, it will be as simple as connecting the cable via your phone’s USB-C port and the other end to the HDMI input port of your TV.
Mirror your phone to your laptop or computer using AirDroid
- Download and install the AirDroid app on your laptop / computer and your phone
- Open the Windows app and create an AirDroid account
- Add your phone to your account by signing into the AirDroid app on your phone
- Open AirDroid on your laptop / computer
- Click AirMirror Tab
- Click ViewOnly Mode
- On your phone, tap “Start Now” on the pop-up