When you download Fiit to your phone or tablet, you can take classes with world-class trainers wherever you are. But for the ultimate experience, we recommend connecting to your TV or laptop, so you can follow exercises in high definition and see your stats on screen.
There are a few different options that are easy to set up.
OPTIONS TO CONNECT iPHONE TO TV
1. USB cable
The latest smart TVs with USB ports and phones with USB should support mirroring with a cable. Try plugging your phone in with a USB cable.
2. iPhone HDMI cable
You can mirror your iOS device to your TV using an iPhone HDMI cable (the cable must have lightning, USB and HDMI components). These are available from Amazon and other online retailers starting from £18 or you can use an Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter.
To cast to your Apple TV:
- Make sure the phone and the AppleTv are on the same wifi network
- Start a workout
- Tap the screen and pause the video
- Tap the casting icon in the top right corner
- Select Apple TV
The video will appear on your AppleTV. You won't see your stats on the TV but they'll be shown on your mobile device.
4. LG Smart TV (2019 or newer)
Mirror your screen using Airplay — read more.
Chromecast isn’t integrated with Fiit but you can use a third party app, such as Streamer for Chromecast, to cast your phone screen to your TV — read more. The screen will stay on the mobile view, so you’ll need to manually change the view in Settings (cog in top left corner of Chrome).
OPTIONS TO CONNECT iPHONE TO MAC
1. To connect wirelessly, use the Easycast app.
2. Use a USB lightning cable to mirror your phone on Quicktime player:
- Plug iPhone into a MacBook using the Lighting to USB cable (the latest MacBooks will require an adaptor)
- Once connected open Quicktime player
- Select New movie recording
- Tap the arrow next to the red record button
- Select camera to be your iPhone (screenshots and troubleshooting here)
Note: If the screen is black during a class then go to ‘Profile’ in your app > Settings > Apps & Services > Toggle on TV output.
OPTIONS TO CONNECT ANDROID TO TV
1. USB cable
The latest smart TVs with USB and phones with USB should support mirroring with a cable. So try plugging your phone in with a USB cable.
2. LG Smart TV (2019 or newer)
Mirror your screen using Airplay — read more
3. Samsung TV
Cast your Samsung phone to your Samsung TV or use the Smartview app — read more
Cast your phone screen from the Google Home app — read more
Casting to TV via Roku — read more
6. Amazon FireTV or FireTV Stick
Cast via your Amazon FireTV or FireTV Stick — read more
CONNECT ANDROID TO LAPTOP
- Mirror your screen using the Reflector app (it's free for the first 7 days) — read more
We’re working on bringing Fiit directly onto laptops and big screens, so keep your eyes peeled for news coming soon! If you have any questions, please contact us.